It is important that You read this Policy before accessing or using the Services so that You are aware of how and why We use data relating to You. In addition to this Policy, We encourage You to carefully review Our " Terms of Service", which govern Your use of Our Services.
Who we are
Puzzle Point is a free-to-play mobile games publisher, which specializes in addictive puzzle games for broad audiences. We develop and operate top-class games, which are easy to learn and hard to master, for people all around the world. The company was founded in 2019 by game industry veterans, with vast experience and dozens of successful games in their portfolio.
1. Data Controller
2. Contact Information
In addition You may contact Our appointed Data Protection Officer ("DPO"), who oversees Our data protection related matters. For any questions or concerns about how We use Your Data, You may contact Our DPO by email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Why Do We Collect And Process Personal Data
And What Is Our Legal Basis For Doing So?
We collect and process Your personal data to enable Us to perform Our contractual obligations with You, in order to:
- create, maintain and allow the use of an account for You, in Our Games or other Services where applicable,
- enable You to play Our Games or use Our other Services,
- provide the appropriate version of Our Games or other Services to You (for example, selecting a suitable language version for You),
- notify You of Game updates or new products or promotional offers, or
- verify Your purchases or other transactions in Our Games or other Services.
Pertaining to Our legitimate interest to make Our Services the best they can be, We process Your Data to:
- operate and maintain Our Services (for example, by making sure Our Services are secure and function as intended),
- troubleshoot or debug any bugs, errors, or other issues in Our Services,
- measure and analyse the use of Our Services or data We collect through Our Services (for example, to discover trends or other insights or to inform Our operations),
- create data that is not identifiable to You (for instance, aggregate data), which We then use and share freely,
- store information so that You will not have to re-enter it during Your future use of the Game,
- conduct surveys or other research to learn more about Our users,
- solicit feedback from You about how We can improve the Game,
- monitor the effectiveness of Our Game,
- customize and personalize the user experience, or
- improve Our current Services or develop new Services.
Pertaining to Our legitimate interest to make sure You have the best possible user experience in Our Games, We will process Your Data to:
- personalize Your gameplay experience in Our Games based on Your activity,
- provide You with offers and rewards in Our Games based on Your activity,
- where available, enable Your gameplay across multiple devices (for example, by allowing You to connect a third-party account with Our Games for that purpose),
- where available, enable communication with other users in Our Games or other Services (for example, by providing chat, forums, or other similar features),
- handle Your support requests or otherwise manage Our relationship with You, or
- send You service-related communications (for instance, technical notices, security alerts, or administrative messages).
Pertaining to Our legitimate interest in making sure that Our Services are a fair and safe environment for all users, We will process Your Data to:
- moderate and monitor the use of Our Games or other Services (including any messages sent through the Services), either automatically or manually, or
- ensure that Our Terms of Service are followed.
Pertaining to Our legitimate interest to promote Our Services and to make sure We reach Our targeted prospective audiences, We will process Your Data to:
- monitor the installations of Our Games (including the source of each install),
- measure, analyse, enhance, and improve Our advertising effectiveness (including Our advertising outside of Our Services),
- communicate with You and to forward offers, rewards, event announcements, or other news related to Our Services or for other operations,
- provide instructions to Our advertising affiliates to show or not show Our ads to You based on Your activity (by controlling the number of times Our ads are displayed), or
- instruct Our advertising affiliates to advertise Our Games and Services to audiences with similar interests to Yours.
Pertaining to Our legitimate interest for the provision of related ads in Our Games and for the funding of Our Services in order to continue their provision to You, We will process Your Data to:
- display ads in Our Games, either from Us or Our advertising affiliates,
- monitor Your activity in Our Games and Services to learn about Your interests and enhance the provision of advertising in Our Games, or
- customise the ads You receive in Our Games and Services and allow Our advertising affiliates to personalize the ads content You see, to make them more relevant to You.
Pertaining to Our legitimate interest to safeguard Our operations, We will process Your Data to:
- detect, prevent, or investigate fraud or fraudulent activity or otherwise not authorised behaviour,
- conduct audit checks to Our operations or processes (for instance, to verify that they operate as intended and according to regulatory or contractual conditions), or
- define, defend and exercise Our legal rights to the extent allowed by the relevant laws and regulations.
By providing Your consent, We will process Your Data:
- to forward You with newsletters or other similar communications in the case You have subscribed to them through a subscription form Our Websites, or
- for other purposes explained to You at the time Your consent will be requested (for example, using Your GPS location to provide location-based experiences).
Finally, We will process Your Data where necessary to:
- conform with legal obligations that apply to Us (including accounting and tax requirements and requirements to provide information to competent authorities upon request), or
- protect Your interests or the interests of others.
Furthermore, We will process Your Data for additional purposes which are compatible with any of the purposes listed above.
We do not use Your Data to make automated decisions which significantly affect You. By an «automated decision», We mean a decision made by an information system without any human intervention.
3.1 Advertising And Marketing
Advertising provides funding for Our Services and thus allows Us to make Our Games available without charge. Within Our Games or Services, We display Our own ads along with ads from third parties. Additionally, We advertise outside of Our Games and Services, on third-party websites and applications. Through this section We provide further information on how Your Data can be used for advertising purposes, and how You can control the use of Your Data for such purposes.
Mobile advertising relies on the use of certain online identifiers, more particularly Advertising IDs but also IP addresses or other identifiers. When We make mention to an «Advertising ID», We refer to an alphanumeric string of digits provided by the operating system of a device. This is consistent across applications from different publishers. The Advertising ID is known as the Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA) on iOS devices and Google Advertising Identifier (GAID) on Android devices.
Advertising IDs are used for interest-based advertising and other advertising related purposes. You can control the extent to which Your Advertising ID is used for these purposes. By using the privacy settings of Your device, You may normally reset and/or limit the use of Your Advertising ID. For instance, You may «limit ad tracking» on iOS devices or «opt out of interest-based ads» on Android devices. These settings are specific to each device, which means that You should set them to Your desired state on each of Your devices individually. Do note that it can take some time for Your updated settings to take effect. Please consider that resetting or limiting the use of Your Advertising ID will not stop You from seeing ads, yet the ads You see could be less relevant to You.
When ads are displayed within Our Games and/or Services, We will disclose Your Advertising ID and IP address with Our advertising partners. On their part, Our advertising partners could also collect information directly from Our Games through technologies such as software development kits (SDKs), which are collections of software development tools. In either case, they can use Your Data for numerous purposes, such Us reducing the number of times an ad is displayed to You or to personalize the ads You see, so as to make them more relevant to You (for instance, based on the previous activity they have associated with Your Advertising ID). For more information, please refer to the privacy policies of Our advertising partners.
When Our ads are displayed to You outside of Our Services (for instance, on third-party properties such as websites or applications), the ad network involved in delivering that ad to You might, based on information previously processed such as earlier activity that they have associated with Your Advertising ID, have concluded that Our Services may be of Your interest.
Your Data will be used by Ad networks to:
- limit the number of times Our ads are displayed to You,
- notify users that have previously played Our Games about updates, new content, or other news relating to Our Games, or
- avoid showing Our ads to users who already play the Game being advertised.
Moreover, ad networks will choose to deliver their services where they utilise Advertising IDs, or other types of identifiers, in order to locate users who may be interested in Our Services where their previous activity or interests are similar to those of other users that are known by the ad network to use Our Services.
Advertising IDs or other identifiers are also used for ad measurement, for both ads in Our Games and Our ads outside of Our Services, necessitating the collection of metrics such as total views, clicks, or installs generated by a particular ad. Such measurement data might be directly or indirectly received or collected by numerous parties involved in ad delivery, including Us and Our advertising partners, through multiple means and technologies, such as web beacons inserted into ads. The collected data is used for a number of purposes, for example, to provide measurement services, to detect, investigate and prevent fraud or fraudulent behaviour, or to facilitate payments between the parties involved in ad delivery.
3.2 Cookies And Similar Technologies On Our Websites
3.3 How To Manage Cookies
For more information, please see the Cookies Policy.
4. What Data Do We Collect?
We collect the following data in relation to You:
- Your name, email address, or other contact information if You have provided them to Us when registering an account or subscribing to Our communications,
- online identifiers for example Your gaming alias, IP address, identifiers We assign to Your account, hardware or operating system identifiers, including Your Advertising ID,
- technical information about the device You use to play Our Games or use Our other Services such as, information about the type, model, maker, operating system, language, display, processor, or memory,
- Your access coarse location such as, country, province, or city, deduced from Your IP address,
- data relating to Your use of the Services such as, information about Your progress in Our Games, Your visits to Our Websites, or Your interactions with ads in Our Games,
- data relating to Your interactions with Our ads outside of the Services such as, from third-party websites or applications, including information on how You were referred to Our Games or Services,
- crash logs or other information related to bugs, errors, or other issues in Our Services,
- assumptions We have deducted based on Your activity in Our Services,
- messages or other communications You send to Us or through the Services such as, Your gaming chat messages, or emails You have forwarded to Our support team,
- in case where You choose to connect a third-party account, such as a social media account, with Our Services, the information We receive from the third-party account provider such as, the account name, identifier, Your email address to enable cross-device gameplay, Your profile name, Your picture, or Your friends’ information to provide social features,
- in case where You proceed to purchases in Our Games, the information We receive from third-party payment service providers to validate those purchases,
- in case You subscribe to Our communications, Your content preferences or other information You may submit to Us when subscribing to Our communications,
- in case You participate in Our surveys, research or other inquiries, any comments, feedback, responses, or any other information You may provide to Us when doing so such as, information about Your background or experience with Our Games or Services,
- for any additional information You may decide to provide to Us through Our Services or otherwise, and
- following Your permission, any other information described to You when asking for Your consent such as, Your GPS location for location-based experiences.
We do not anticipate or have any intention to collect or otherwise process any special categories of data relating to You. Special categories of data concern data relating Your genetic, biometric, or health information, revealing racial or ethnic origin, sex life information, sexual orientation, political beliefs, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or information about Your criminal offences or convictions. Please do not this type of information to Us or use the Services to make By special categories of data, We mean genetic, biometric or health information, information revealing racial or ethnic origin, sex life or sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership, or information about Your criminal offences or convictions. Please do not provide this kind of information to Us or use the Services to present such information to others.
5. From What Sources Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
We collect Your Data from the following sources:
- from information You provide to Us during for instance, Your account registration, Your subscription to Our communications, from survey responses, or by the submission of support enquiries,
- directly from Your device and/or You by automatic means, by the use of Our Services or during Your interaction with Our ads outside of Our Services, for instance, on third-party websites or applications, through cookies or similar technologies or through software development kits (SDKs),
- when You interact with ads within Our Games or Our ads outside of Our Services, for instance, on third-party websites or applications, provided by Our advertising affiliates involved in the delivery and measurement of those ads,
- when You choose to link a third-party account with Our Services such as a social media account, from the third-party account provider,
- when You proceed to purchases within Our Services, from the third-party payment service provider involved in the transactions, or
- following Your consent, from additional sources described to You when asking for Your consent.
5.1. Data Collected from Third Parties
As mentioned above, most of the information that We collect about you comes directly from you when You play Our Games or interact with Our Services. However, when You allow third-party companies access to Your personal data (e.g., downloading Our mobile applications through the App Store or the Google Store and linking Your Facebook account to mobile applications), We may also collect information from such third parties.
- Social Media: When You interact with Our Services through various social media networks, such as when someone «Likes» Us on Facebook or follows Us, or shares Our content on Google, Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks, We may receive some information about individuals that they permit the social network to share with third parties. The data We receive is dependent upon an individual’s privacy settings with the social network. Individuals should always review and, if necessary, adjust their privacy settings on third-party websites, social media networks, and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide You with the features and functionality of the Services, as well as to communicate directly with You, such as to send You emails about products and services that may be of interest to You.
- Service Providers: When You install or purchase items related to Our mobile apps (such as those You can purchase/download via the App Store or the Google Store), Puzzle Point does not have access to Your credit card or bank account data. However, third-party payment processors stated above may share non-financial information with Us which relate to Your purchases, like the items purchased to fulfil Your order. The personal data received from third-party companies will depend on privacy settings on relevant third-party applications.
- Information we receive from authentication services You connect to Our Service: Some parts of Our Services may allow you to log in through a third-party social network or authentication service such as Facebook. These services will authenticate Your identity and provide You the option to share certain personal data with Us, which could include Your name, email address and user ID associated with the third-party, profile picture etc.
The data We receive is dependent on that third party’s policies and Your privacy settings on that third-party site.
- We recommend that You read Facebook’s, (https://www.facebook.com/privacy/policy/) or other social networks’ Privacy Policies, and review Your privacy settings from time to time to ensure that You understand fully how Your Facebook data is shared.
- Other Sources: We may also collect personal data about individuals that We do not otherwise engage with, for example from publicly available sources, third-party data providers, brand partnerships, or through transactions such as mergers and acquisitions. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide You with the features and functionality of Our Services.
6. Who Do We Share Your Data With?
- affiliate companies or associates of the Puzzle Point group, for instance where they provide their assistance in the development or operation of Our Games or other Services,
- individuals or companies outside of the Puzzle Point group that provide services to Us and process data on Our behalf when providing those services, for instance, providers of hosting services, analytics services, services that add functionality to the Services, or other services that help Us develop and operate Our Services,
- other affiliates We cooperate with in the course of providing the Services, who process Your Data independently of Us, including advertising partners and,
- potential or actual buyers, including their advisors or agents, in the context of an acquisition, merger, or other corporate restructuring,
- legal advisors and law enforcement agencies and officers,
- the competent Courts of law or other governmental authorities, where the disclosure of data is necessary as a matter of applicable law or regulation,
- any person or entity where We believe disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend Our legal rights or to protect the vital interests of You or others, or
- with any other individual or entity with Your consent.
Moreover, please note that specific data that You may submit or make available through Our Services can be visible to other users of Our Services. For instance, Your public profile information in Our Games, such as Your in-game username or alias, potential chat messages, as well as any information You have disclosed to provide social features such as groups or leader boards.
7. How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
Your Data will be kept for so long as it is necessary for achieving the purpose for which it was collected such as to enable Us to provide You with the Services, or to comply with legal, reporting, or accounting requirements. We will occasionally review the collected data and delete or de-identify inactive accounts, or other data in Our Games or other Services.
Following the appropriate retention period, We will either de-identify or delete Your Data or, if neither de-identification or deletion is possible, for instance due to data being stored on a backup server, We shall isolate Your Data and halt further processing until their de-identification or deletion is made possible. It should be noted that We will continue to make use of data which is not identifiable to You, such as aggregate data.
7.1 How to Delete Your Data.
If You have decided that You no longer wish to use Our Games and want to delete Your account and all associated personal data; You can initiate the deletion Yourself by utilising the built-in help system integrated in Our Games. The built-in help system will guide You through a step-by-step process for deleting Your Data.
When permanently deleting Your account, all saved in-game progress You played; including characters, items, virtual currencies etc., and all other data saved on Your account will be lost and Your Data will be removed.
Through the below guideline, We explain how You may delete Your Data from Our Games by completing these steps:
- Open the Settings window by clicking the blue gear button in the upper right corner of the screen when not on a level.
- In the Settings window, find and tap on the «i» button.
- In the window that opens, tap on the red «DELETE PERSONAL DATA» button.
- A confirmation window will open. Tap on the red «YES» button to confirm the data deletion.
- When you perform the final step, the Game will delete your data and close automatically.
8. How Do We Keep Your Data Secure?
9. Your Rights
In the case that We are processing Your Data, You have the right to:
- access, rectify, or request the erasure of Your Data,
- request Us to restrict Our processing of Your Data,
- object to Our processing of Your Data to the extent Our processing is based on Our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, or
- where technically feasible, request a copy of the personal data You have provided to Us in machine-readable format.
Where the processing We conduct on Your Data is done following Your consent, You may withdraw Your consent at any given time. We bring to Your attention that the processing of Your Data will continue regardless of the withdrawal of Your consent, where We have a lawful basis to do so.
In order to access Your Data in Our Games and/or Services, or to request its erasure, please use the automatic tools provided in Our Games and/or Services. Each of Our Games has specific tools, located in the game setting under «Terms & Privacy» or a similarly named option. You may also opt out of Our personalized offers, where applicable. We urge You to primarily use these specific tools to submit requests, since that will help Us to validate, process, and fulfil Your request a more reliable and quick manner.
In the case You wish to exercise any of Your rights, You may also contact Us at email@example.com. In order to fulfil requests which are submitted by email, We may need to confirm Your identity so as to verify Your right to make the request, which may involve requesting additional information from You. For instance, We may ask You to provide sufficiently detailed information about the account to which the request relates in order to enable Us to confirm that You are indeed the account holder or that You are acting on their behalf. While this is not Our usual practise, We reserve the right to charge You an appropriate fee for the exercise of Your rights where permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
Lastly, You always have the right to submit a complaint with Your local data protection authority regarding Our processing of Your Data. For more information, please contact Your local data protection authority, for instance, the Office of the Commissioner for Data Protection of the Republic of Cyprus.
10. Note for California Residents
If You are a California resident, please be aware that under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended ( CCPA ), You are entitled to receive specific information on how We process Your data. You also have specific rights to Your data, including the right to opt out of the sale of personal information, which is defined in a way that includes the transfer of data to third parties to personalize ads for You. If You opt out of the ’sale’ of Your information, We will not sell Your information, including to Our advertising partners, but You may still see ads in the Services and some of Our advertising partners may deliver ads to You, based on information they hold on You. To review this specific information and familiarize Yourself with Your rights under the CCPA, please review Our Ancillary Privacy Disclosure for California Residents.
11. Age Limit
Pursuant to Our Terms of Service, You declare that You are at least 14 years of age. Generally, We direct Our Services to a broad audience and We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 14 (or older, if applicable law provides for different protections). However, We may not know the specific age of individual users of Our Services. If You are under 14 years of age, please do not provide Us with Your personal data, including but not limited to, Your name, home address, telephone number, or email address, or use the Services to make Your personal data available to others. Our Services are intended to be used by adults and We do not knowingly collect, and do not wish to collect, information about children. If We discover that We hold personal data relating to a user under the age of 14, provided that We have previously obtained parental or guardian approval, We will take appropriate measures to ensure that We process that data according to the requirements of applicable laws and regulations, or promptly delete the data from Our records. We encourage parents to instruct their children to never give out their real names, addresses, or phone numbers, without permission, when using the Internet.
The table below sets out the minimum age at which You can provide Your consent for the processing of Your Data to enable You to make use of Our Services, depending on the country that You are in while using Our Services. REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL PROVISIONS OF EACH OF THE BELOW JURISDICTIONS, YOU SHOULD IN NO CASE USE OUR SERVICES IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 14, UNLESS PRIOR PARENTAL OR GUARDIAN APPROVAL IS PROVIDED.
Minimum age for the provision of consent for the processing of personal data, in respective jurisdictions
Republic of Cyprus14
Rest of the world (excluding Korea)13
If You have reason to believe that We might have any information from or about a child under the relevant age as provided above, please contact Us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that We determine that We have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age as provided above, We will delete that information without undue delay.
12. International Transfer
All data collected or stored by Puzzle Point may be stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to the European Union, the EEA, and the United Kingdom. Should We choose to transfer Your Data internationally, We will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is treated securely, lawfully, and in the manner We describe here. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your personal data is transferred to or stored, used or processed, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where You are resident and may not provide the same level of protection for personal data as the country from which it was transferred.
We may transfer personal data about You outside of Europe. When we do so, we rely on appropriate or suitable safeguards recognized under applicable law, including adequacy decisions and standard contractual clauses.
If you are using Our Services from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that by providing Your personal data to Us, You consent to process Your personal data in the above-mentioned locations.
13. Contacting Us